So I sold some of my cards, I sold some of my stamps. And today I bought this: Here it is all out of the box:
- something about the threading having an extra catch that is somehow better, but I don't know why. It's a Janome thing.
- A little drawer in the part you can remove (extension table) which can hold your extra feet and such. I'm not SURE I care about the drawer, I guess I'll get used to it.
- the bobin cover thingie is clear so I don't suddenly run out. I LOVE this feature.
- the feed dogs lower, so I don't need the cover I had to use on my old machine
- all the parts just feel better, more sturdy
- came with a seam ripper
- came with a button hole foot, I've never done a button hole, I'll have to give it a try.
- Oh it has two button hold feet, one is "button hole foot B" and one is "sliding button hole foot" I have NO IDEA.
- It can hold a double needle and two spools of thread. the only thing I know you use this for is pin tucks, which I think are the most precious thing ever. I saw it on Sewing with Nancy one time. I don't have a double needle though, or a pintuck foot, but I COULD get them.
- The whole sewing area with the extension table on is larger, great for free motion quilting.
Ok so I also bought the darning /free motion foot, and a quarter inch foot. I had no idea about the quarter inch. I'd heard the term, but my old foot was a quarter inch from the needle to the edge so I thought that was what it ment. NOPE. I now have this special foot that has a fabric guide you actually butt the fabric up against. I did some peicing for an ongoing project and it came out with perfect points. I mean on row after row. I usually get one perfect point in about 5.
So I'm a totally happy camper.
And her name is Jenny. Jenny the Janome.