Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Zippered Pouch

I can't remember what started it. I blame Kim or Etsy or both. But I had a hankering to make a zippered pouch. I made one earlier today based on what I SAW when I looked at the finished. That's usually how I sew. It was pretty crappy. The zipper isn't straight, but the thing is like a tube.. I'll just show you later. Anyhow it wasn't what I had in mind.

So I googled and such and found THIS awsome tutorial. It is really truly awesome. If you have ever wanted to sew a zippered pouch you must go read it, I had to print it out to be honest. Oh and it says you really do need a zipper foot. I'm gonna buy one tomorrow, but if you must sew a pouch tonight I just took the foot off my sewing machine entirely. It totally worked. I think the foot helps feed the fabric? Anyhow I just used my hands to make sure everything was going through correctly. I'm not sure if it's safe or wise to sew without a foot, so if you are wanting to be safe or wise then maybe not?

Anyhow it went exactly as she said it would. The girl is brilliant.

And here is my pouch:
Here is the inside, see how it's lined, see also how neat the zipper is and how you can't see any edges or anything? *PS black zipper because I get all my zippers at the thrift store and I had black on hand*
Here's another view of the top, where you can see that it's zipped.

I'm thrilled.

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

HOLEY HECK this totally ROCKS! I love it!

Peggy said...

Erin, I love looking at all your stuff... you go from cupcakes to cute dollies... now to these bags....I could see collage bags with alot of eclectic stuff (fibers, buttons, buckles, eyelets etc...) wow, you got some energy and creativity girl!! You go!!!