Thursday, August 07, 2008

The quilt is done!

I finished the baby quilt last night. I am glad I went with the lace trim, it's so sweet on the quilt.
I also made a beach tote. This was my mom's idea. We had this fabric from forever ago, like ten years ago... maybe more. Anyhow I used to work at Calico Corners and I have this fabric in 3 or 4 colorways. I bought it for my mom ages back. But her tastes have changed for home decor, she's more "Old Florida" now, instead of this "Publix Florida" look. (My own term for bright beach stuff with lots of peach.) So she suggested I make beach totes with it. Everyone loves a bright beach tote! Also the fabric, being upolstery weight is really strong for a tote. I put quilt batting in the handles so if you stuff it full to where it's heavy it will still feel ok on your sholder. *I hope*
I also did french seams on the inside. I love them, I'm going to be using them whenever it's even close to appropriate from now on.
My next beach tote will be larger with side panels. I think that will be nice for some beach go-ers.

But first I HAVE to stamp some things. I am having paper withdraw. Also I need to make a yellow haired happy faced doll. I arranged with a friend to trade a custom doll for the new Stampin' Up! catalog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty! You are a sewing whiz! Love the beach bag and the quilt is gorgeous! YOU ROCK!

Sharon in NE said...

Oh my goodness!! This is wonderful Erin! Great job!

Thanh Vo said...

The finished product looks great! Congrats on your first quilt.

pescbrico said...

LOL LOL, the kind of seam you called French seams.... well in French we called that English seems LOL

I love the finished quilt :) I love the laced border :)

Kathi said...

Wow. Those look great. I'm sooooo impressed. I'm totally needle impaired.

Patti said...

The quilt came out awesome!! So sweet! And the tote looks great too.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I like the idea of pockets in the beach tote - very important feature! ~TJ