Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Introducing Emily. A very special doll.

I made this doll for my friend Terry's granddaughter, Kylie. Kylie has seen her picture and tells me that her name is Emily. Emily is earning me the new Stampin' Up! catalog. Me and Terry did a trade. It was SUPER fun to make a doll that I knew who it was going to.

Emily's "skin" is linen. I'm not thrilled with how much it tended to fray. I just double stitched everything to make up for it. :) I have a TON of linen I got to make dolls with so I will have to learn how better to work with it.
Oh and the cute little chair she is on is from my Thrift Store that I always go to. $2 and the perfect size for my dolls to sit on and get their picture taken.


In other news:
I plan to get some things onto Etsy to sell next week sometime. Happy Monsters, dolls, tote bags, maybe needle books. We shall see.
I'm also working on a Robot Swap I'm in. I have some cute ideas. Well I think they are cute anyhow.

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

What a great trade! I love Emily! She is just so sweet! Love that little chair- what a deal to :WINK:
Yippee for Etsy! I :HEART: Etsy!