Sunday, March 18, 2007

Easter... and do you like my banner?

Well here is a little Easter Card. My friend Sherri (check out her blog, link is on the right) sent me these images of the adorable sheep and chicks. I loved and had to have this Art Warehouse ribbon when I saw it at the LSS a while back. Don't know what else to say, I colored the sheep with markers, used versamark and my new SU petal wheel to do the yellow background and versamark and the polka dot stamp from Polka Dots and Paisley on the purple. Pattern paper is from the "Spring Mat Stack" by Die Cuts With a View.


I made another card today. I started with a sketch of someone's card I saw online. I cut my original image wrong. It stunk because it was from a swap and I only had the one... anyhow so I dug out a bella and made it from there, changed the colors to go with the bella and finished up the card. I was happy, then pulled the original back out to see how similar it was... GUESS WHAT? SAME STINKIN CARD. They used a different bella, but I even changed to the same cuttlebug and they used dott ribbon and solid paper under it, I used dot paper and solid ribbon. It was WAY too similar to put on here and even pretend it was original. I will try later to see if I can find her card online again and might post it with a link, but as I have a quick print of it and a sketch I'm not sure I'll be able to.


AND finally, what do you think of the new banner? It was made for me by Angie. I'm so excited to have one. She was so sweet to me and let me make changes to it two times. She needs to go into the banner making business. Also I changed the background color because after a few people told me it was hard to read I tried to read it myself and had a hard time! So I said, well then I'll change it but keep it similar in style and this is what we have. I won't be changing again for a long time, I don't like people to keep changing everything around on me! ;)

No comments: