Saturday, April 26, 2008

Start To Finish with Cornish Heritage Farms Backgrounder

I made this card yesterday and loved it so much I wanted to do a Start To Finish with it. Turns out it's so easy, this Start To Finish is almost silly.

First step is to ink your backgrounder with versamark ink (or other embossing ink) and stamp it on glossy cardstock. *I did take a photo of that, but it didn't really show up*

Then emoboss that with black powder.

Get out some dye ink and a brayer. You can use any color. I'm partial to pink, (did you know that about me?) so I chose Vivid! Pink. Which really IS vivid, love it.
Use your brayer to roll the ink onto the emobssed glossy cardstock.
Then trim it out. Now look here, see the white you get around the embossed lines? That's good, it adds a touch of shabbiness that really works with this project. If you absolutely hate that then brayer from a few different directions or even sponge you ink on.
Next I'm going to stamp a phrase on a folded card. This photo shows how with my grid paper I can check my stamp to make sure it's mounted really straight. If it wasn't I'd use my stamp positioner, sense it's straight I will stamp directly on the cardstock.
Now add the trimmed pink piece to the bottom. This card is a top folded card, and the pink piece is 4.25x3.5 inches.


The final step is to tie some ribbon around the card where the embossed part meets the white cardstock.

And that's all. But I think it's really nice and looks like some patern paper that would be expensive and fancy to buy.

Supplies: Backgrounder stamp is Sophisticated Swirls by Cornish Heritage Farms, "friendship" is by Hero Arts, glossy cardstock from The Angel Company, White cardstock is Papertrey Ink, embossing powder is ranger, inks are Vivid! pink and versamagic, ribbon is from Ribbons and Bows Oh My

9 comments:

TJ said...

OMG - that is PINK Perfecetion and I LOVE it! I need some cool background stamps like that. I just sold nearly ALL of mine because I never used em. Figures!

Pegg S said...

Oh wow this is just gorgeous! I want to try this!

Linda B said...

Very nice!

Cathrine StClair said...

This came out beautiful. Looks pretty quick to do too.

Jukie said...

very very pretty and effective card!tfs

Kathi said...

Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

Thanks for checking out my blog, I have tagged you!

check it out!

http://cloudscolorgarden.blogspot.com/

Lim said...

This is gorgeous Erin, WOW!!. Love it!
Hugs, Lim

Heather Grow said...

Very cool, Erin. Thanks for the how-to. I like to make my own paper when the LSS doesn't have what I want.