Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Snowy Night

Still hot here, still making me want to create snow cards. :) This one has Gina K Designs images. I colored the snowman with copic markers and cut it out. I scribbled watercolor crayons on some watercolor paper then painted over with water for the background. Also put liquid aplique with glitter on it for snow. You can't see the glitter in this pic, but it's there I promise. Super easy and quick card.

In other news:
  • I bought THIS t shirt online the other day. I got it in brown and the classic ladies t shirt style. It's shipping via UPS which I think is a weird way to ship a single T Shirt but whatever. I can't wait to get it. I never buy clothes. :)
  • I'm also working on an octopus embrodery. You KNOW octopii are gonna be the next big thing right? They are. After deer and mushrooms, which are already getting pretty hot. But who cares, they are so stinking cute I love them no matter what. *I actually am amazed by real octopii and find them one of the most unique and cool creatures on the earth* Anyhow I'll put a quick pic of the work in progress later. It's so cute. I don't know yet what I'm gonna do with it yet. Maybe work it into a doll. Like make a shirt for the doll with it or something. Any suggestions?
  • My very good friend Kim has opened an Etsy store. She's selling "Kiss Houses" Which are stinking cute little house charms that are the size of a Kiss candy. They are stinking cute little works of art that you can get for a very affordable price. I personally want a HUGE one, like 3 inches tall, but I started my collection with the one that says "dwelling" because it's so super duper cute!
  • And last but not least, today is Costco day! AND I have a baby shower to go to this week so I get to buy some baby stuff there! I might go all boring and usefull and get her diapers or that GIANT case of wipes but maybe I'll buy clothes? I dunno. Maybe buy wipes and make them some bibs and embroder octopii on them? haha.

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

This cards is so dang cute! I love the sky and the snow! Makes me want to go sledding! Oh man I love the winter!

Thanks for the shout out too!

Octopus are the best! They are going to be so HOT!