Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Octopus in progress


Here is the octopus so far. He's gonna get light pink accents, like some spots and such. Then blue bubbles around him. That's all I know so far. I'm not sure if he will get some green sea weed too. And I have no idea what I'll do with him when I'm done.
Also I need input. Do you like me talking first then photos or photos first then talking. I tend to like photos first, but Brian my DH, said that is weird and it should be text then photos. Does anyone care?
Oh shocking update:
The plural of Octopus is NOT octopii, or octopi, or octopuses, or even just octopus! It's octopodes!
See:
Although it is often supposed that octopi is the 'correct' plural of octopus,
and it has been in use for longer than the usual Anglicized plural octopuses, it
in fact originates as an error. Octopus is not a simple Latin word of the second
declension, but a Latinized form of the Greek word oktopous, and its 'correct'
plural would logically be octopodes.
From AskOxford.
I'm sure my step-sister Katie already knew that and has been laughing at me all this time. HI KATIE! Love you!!

4 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! so cool!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Love your octopus! Way cute-can't wait to see him finished!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Very nice stitching, Erin. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed piece. Maybe you could have not just one octopus, but rather a whole octopod! LOL

Oh...and because you value my opinion (NOT) I vote photo first and then text. If you put text first I will skip the text looking for the photo. I'm just a visual kind of gal.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Love him! You are such an artist (and a scholar: Octopodes, heeheehee) :0)