I have been wanting to do a more difficult softie. This was it! haha. I used THIS pattern, which is free and you can download it. And her dog is ADORABLE so I gave it a go.
Why was it hard? Let me count the ways.
1. Gussets. I'm new to them. I'm not sure about them. They are totally necessary for 3D stuff but still...
2. I think I was supposed to enlarge this pattern. My dog is TINY. Like I can almost totally conceal him in my hand.
3. Decided on the most difficult softie yet to try a totally new to me fabric. It's fleece. It does feel NICE though.
4. get ready for this one. I had never done a french knot until today. Ever. But I know that now.
5. I was IN A CRAFT STORE today with a coupon and everything and didn't get a new needle. Mine is super dull its like sewing with a rock. :(
and here we go:
he looks a little sad doesn't he?
And that's the end of that. No really I might make another one, only larger. Maybe with a print fabric too.
A Million thanks to Jenny B Harris who created and shared this pattern. If you think he's cute go make yourself one. You've got nothing to loose.