Saturday, June 07, 2008

More Mokume Gane And a SMALL blog candy

I couldn't wait to try more of my new favorite technique. This one is totally flat, I wasn't afraid to cut more deeply into it. I think this look is almost looking like a snake skin.
Close up. *Oh and I only have a handful of colors of clay, is why I'm rocking similar colors*
Ok, then I took the scraps and tried to put them on a gray scrap from last time, to make a necklace, but it looked weird. So I mushed them up in a swirl, then pressed a stamp into them and did the cutting to get this pattern. You can NOT see what the stamp was because the veriation was already random. But it's a cool look still.
Second view.


The blog candy is the pendant necklace. I don't hate it, it's cool. But it doesn't go with anything I have, I don't wear much gray. If you think you'd enjoy it please tell me so in the comments. I'm happy to send it to you. Unlike tradational blog candy where there is a drawing the FIRST person who says that they would enjoy this pendant can have it.
If you want to comment on my general awesomeness but don't want the pendant that's fine, just don't say you want it in your comment!
The stamps are all by Cornish Heritage Farms.

7 comments:

christie said...

I would love it!! It's very pretty and I love this techqniue!!!

Erin said...

christie it's yours! Send me your mailing info to serinone@yahoo.com and I'll get it out Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks!
e

Anonymous said...

Okay fine, Christie wins it.But I sure wish I'd signed in sooner! Love you.

MMMTsssssssss

Frankiesue said...

Erin...

I think i'll have to give Mokume Gane a try it looks fab.

the pendant is awesome to love the colour..o well done christine...

TJ said...

Really cool technique and I love the pendant ... you did an awesome job on it!

K Hutchinson said...

This is rocking! I am going to have to try this tomorrow! I think you are getting better and better with each piece!

Thanh Vo said...

Agreed with K. You are getting better with each piece!