Tuesday, January 03, 2012

thank you CASE and lighting

I have seen this idea a few times on the net. I'm not sure where I saw it most recently, but I decided it was time to give it a go. Basically it is just almost cutting the leaves out, but leaving them attached some. Then I put tiny bits of foam tape under them near where they are still attached. Mounted that whole piece on another piece of white cardstock. You get a nice 3D thing going on. Subtle, but nice.
I know I'm always looking for new ways to photograph my cards well so I'm going to share mine. The first pic is how the whole setup looks on my desk:

Here is the butterfly clip from that setup. Not too bad for at night with no natural light available.The white background thing is a mini science fair project board I found at Hobby Lobby. It was $3.99, then on some percentage off deal. I like it because it stays up nicely. I used to do the two sheets of cardstock sort of leaned to an L shape but they would always fall and stuff and drive me crazy. I put a sheet of print paper that I think goes fine under the front of the project board to finish the look. I use the two lamps I happen to own and use at my desk. They are totally different. I tell myself the ott light's white light offsets the incandescent light's yellow tones nicely.

No comments: