Sunday, June 24, 2007

Another Window Card

Last night at midnight it occured to me that this sleeping cat may like to sleep on my window. So you know what I had to do. Yup, get up and stamp him! This is that same window with the three cats peeking out that I have not used in it's normal form yet. I stamped the cat then made a mask of him by stamping him again on a post-it note and cutting it out.
Then I stamped the window overthe masked cat, using my stamp-a-majig for placement.
I wish I had taken a pic of it at that point because you could still see the peeking cats and it was funny.
I took my pen knife and cut away the inside part of the windows but just left this sleeping cat. (then went to bed, the rest was done this morning)
I colored the cat and window with copic markers then drew in the "wallpaper" lines and flowers. I chalked the wallpaper with yellow chalk.
(this is getting long, lemme speed things up)
cut down some plastic off packageing from who knows what and stuck it on the back as "glass"
Stamped the sun and chalked the blue.
Layered it all with foam tape for depth.
Mounted on black then folded white card.

It took almost as long to type as it did to do, it's really very easy, everyone should try.

(Someone should do one where you are looking out at a birthday party then trap confetti in there so it can be floating at the party. OH or a cupcake and floating sprinkles!!!)

All stamps are Eat Cake Graphics.

I took this pic out on the patio in the sun, do we like this better than with the two lights in my studio?

5 comments:

StampOwl said...

another nice card. Thanks to you I had to put an order into Eat Cake Graphics yesterday, LOL! Doesn't that make you feel badddddddddddddd, hehehehehehe!!!!

Elizabeth Royalty said...

awwww.... that is so sweet!

Erin said...

stampowl, no it makes me feel gooooooooodddddddd. hehehehehe

Colleen Schaan said...

Another awesome window card...I am getting nervous...I don't think I can keep up with you! *grin*

Monica Hunter said...

This is such a cute card Erin, and I'm not even a fan of cats! LOL I love how the sun is peeking through the window.

Great job!