Monday, February 25, 2008

Baby and black flowers.

I'm feeling a lot better. The boys are not quite over it yet, which concerns me, but they are much better too.

That means I was back in my stamp room! :)

This first card is really just because I love black and celery together. Then I felt the flowers needed a little bling. This stamp set is a retired SU set that I love. The ribbon is May Arts and I got it from All That Scraps. That little dohickie on the ribbons is from Stampin Up too.
Next we have a baby card. I LOVE this stamp. The rest in the set I could take or leave. It's that So Many Scallops set that you can get free during Sale-A-Bration. Anyhow I really like this baby stamp. In the SAB catalog they have it pieced with what looks like chunky glitter on the moon. I tried doing real glitter on the moon but it didn't make me happy, so I did the Stampin' Up! Irridescent Ice embossing powder. I like this a lot. The patern paper is Stampin' Up! too, it's from the Print Pack pack of paper you can get as a hostess gift. (this card is half free I rekon!) I did the corner punch scallop on the edges, then punched holes in that to make it lacy. I used more of the blue paper on the inside.
I like how when it's closed you can see the blue paper peeking out behind the scallop. Also sense there is a line patern on the blue paper I will find it easier to write a neat note inside.

3 comments:

Cathrine StClair said...

Ugghh... Erin we had it too - but not as bad as you. My kids are older (8,5 and 5) so we only had one carpet incident.

Glad to hear you are all on the mend - it took us a while.

Suzi said...

Glad you are feeling better, hope the boys are 100% soon!!!

Love these cards. I've never made a card w/celery & black. I may have to try it.

The baby card is ADORABLE!!! Love the blue peeking thru.

Does this mean you managed to get your SU stuff???

Anonymous said...

Sorry you and the kids are sick. Whew!

These cards are great. I particularly covet that baby card. It is gorgeous and when my set gets here will be cased!! darling.