Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Window Clings

I don't have anything really crafty to show, but look at this: A while back my kids got this HUGE HUGE box of toys at yard sale for one dollar. They used all their cute adorable powers to get this deal. Inisde the box (it was one of those HUGE storage boxes you put you Christmas stuff in for storage) was all sorts of stuff, some Thomas the Stupid Engine stuff, an army of dragons, seriously so many dragons, Like 15 of them, controllers to heaven knows what... anyhow also inside was a kit to make your own window clings. A few weeks ago we made cherful ones for Brian's Popa who is in a nursing home (yes, it's sad) to have on his window. But today we made some just for us!

Ethan directed me in the tiger and fish. He did some of the stripes but mostly he just rested his hand on mine, they are really messy. Stephen wanted "Dinosaur He Stomps the Floor". So there is a large dino and a remote controller. I didn't look at a photo of the dinosaur in question, and mine really doesn't look like that one, but whatever.

So they take one to two days to dry then you peel them off and they will cling to the window. How fun is that? Oh and if the yellow one explodes in your hand when you squeeze it and the tip falls off and you get yellow paint all over your dining room table and floor it DOES wash off if you are quick.

I think I'm gonna sew up some dummy projects so I have something to blog! haha. STill sewing Christmas stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that big dino with all the spots! So much fun!

Cinda said...

Wish I knew how to find the yard sales you find! When I try, I find bummer ones. I've all but given up and just go thrifting.....

Dana (*danavee*) said...

I'm a geologist, and I recognized that as a dinosaur right away, so I'd say you're okay! It is totally a Bigbuttasaurus. Good work, they're hard to pin down! ;-)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

WAY fun! Love the colours. The dots on the dino who stomps the floor are wicked sweet! :O)