Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Modern elegance

The first color combo in the paint book was this one they call "modern elegance". I actually LOVE it even though there was a lot of purple. Here is a shot of just the card. I did the black embossing on the purple in a really roundabout way. I inked a white glossy sheet with orchid ink, then stamped the backgrounder stamp with versamark and clear embossed. Then I ran a black inkpad over the raised area. I really like the look it gave. And I did a little detail on the inside too:
I'm sure you all already knowbut the gray is HOT right now. I don't think much about orchid/purple at all, but turns out it looks fab with gray. I actually love this purple card.
All these stamps are by Cornish Heritage Farms.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY HEAVENS this totally ROCKS! I love the color combo! GRAY is sooo hot especially with orchid!

Cinda said...

Beautiful - what is this paint book??

TJ said...

The purpleness of this card and the fact that you made it are shocking to me. But's it's very pretty ... so I guess I can see you overlooking the whole purpleness thing, or at least accepting it for now.