Monday, November 03, 2008

cleaning out our attic


We are having a yard sale in a few weeks. So we cleaned out the attic and I found this painting. I painted this when we bought our first house and I was trying to decorate on a budget. (that's as opposed to now when I'm NOT decorating because I have NO budget for that) I painted this, with, get ready, wood stain. Some of the paint, the black and green are acrylic, but most of it is wood stain. According to the book I got them out of the words are "Loyalty" and "Forever" Or the other way around, I don't know. Anyhow I wanted a huge artwork, but very large canvases are way more expensive than 4 medium ones, so I got 4 and used them together.
I rekon I won't sell it at my yard sale. I have this large wall next to the computer, might as well hang it there.
In other news we were in the attic also looking for cool stuff to give our boys from Brian's stash. Have you heard of Kinder Suprise Eggs? If I by chance have any Eurpean readers who have access to these and want to trade... I'll sew you anything...

5 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

Thank you for reminding me of a great memory. I had a dear friend that used to share bring us Kinder eggs. She passed away about 9 years ago. Those tiny toys, and the chocolate! Good times!

Charlene Austin said...

Hi Erin.

I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and Kinder Surprise eggs are everywhere here. I am surprised you can't get them there? Have you checked Walmart. I know they have them. If not, I would happily send you some. I have seen them in packs of 3. Is that enough? Let me know your address and I will be sure to get to the post office this Friday. I just hope they wouldn't break in the mail.

Erin said...

They don't sell them in the US, well some stores that carry some imported candies have them, but they don't market them for the US. I would LOVE you to send me some. I will but them in DH's stocking.

What can I send you in return? I can either just pay you for them or make you something! :) Thanks soooo much. :)

Erin K

Juanita said...

Here in Canada, we are filthy with Kinder Surpirse, shall I send some your way?

Carol said...

hahahah!!! I'm gonna offer to trade you some KS for some whatchamacallit bars......omg I would happily kill for those.......roflmao!