Friday, February 08, 2013

Sick and Perspective

Calvin took this photo of me. It makes me wonder if this is how he sees me. I don't know how I feel about that. 

So a few days ago Brian came home and took a shower and then put on TONS of clothes and got under blankets. Said he could not get warm. Then he was all hot. You know where this is going, mystery fever. But he felt better within two days.

Last night I felt sick. Sort of dizzy. So I go to bed, wake up. Stephen says he is sick. I say, "Ok go back to bed." and we do. Well Stephen may have felt bad, I won't go as far as to accuse him of lying, but he was FINE by the time we got rolling on our day. I, however, was not. Crazy hot, then crazy cold. Every joint I have hurt. Weird ones even. So I have all 3 kids running around being crazy, Brian working from home, so they need to be quiet and I feel like I'm going to die.

But my family rocks so it went like this: The older boys did a pile of Home School work in the morning, then did the dishes. (Healthy enough to drive me insane, healthy enough to do the dishes.) Then I made them lunch and put the baby down for a nap. The other two I have no idea what exactly they did, but they did it together, in their room and quietly. The baby didn't stay down, because turns out he has the hell fever too. So he gets in bed with me and watches Netflix on my Nook while I snooze. Because Calvin can't sleep when he's sick. I think he thinks he will quietly slip away in his sleep or something. Probably he just can't get comfy. He doesn't know about Tylenol PM yet.

Of course I was terribly crabby today. But I managed to shove a Stofers in the oven and everyone complimented my great "cooking". AND I did bedtime without yelling at anyone, so I'm like a super mom.

And that's my day. If Brian is any tell I'll be all better tomorrow. Which would rock because we are supposed to go for Sushi tomorrow and I'd like not to miss that.

In other news: I learned how to make a balloon dog the other day. It was super cool. So yesterday I ordered cool supplies to make balloon animals. I'm hoping to be the Balloon Animal Girl at church parties.
I also ordered Brian's Valentine's Day present. I got him the 3 Wolf Moon T Shirt on Amazon. Search that and read the reviews. Hilarious! Of course it was way over our "About $5" limit, but it is sooo funny.

No comments: