Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Oh look, a scrapbook page!

So for the record Ethan has been potty trained for months and months. It's just that I finally put the finishing touches on the scrapbook page last night. Funny story, I made the background of this AND it's partner in the two page layout about 6 months ago. Loved it, never got around to adding the photos. Well last night I decided to add photos (these are just from around that time, I didn't want to do potty pictures) and I could not find the second page to this layout. I mean it was just gone. So I started cleaning. I mean not straightening, which I do in my craft room every other day or so, but CLEANING. Dumping out drawers, sorting pens, straightening cardstocks, reorganizing, heck I even sorted my two huge tins of buttons into color groups in clear jars which I lined up on a shelf (cute!). So I have a SUPER clean craft room now. Found tons of stuff I thought was gone forever. A few things I forgot I bought, (I have two packs of that super hot clear cardstock.) But no right side for this layout. So I just shrugged and went with a one page layout.

The cardstock is Bazzil and the print paper is Cosmo Cricket's Cogsmo, letters are thickers and I used the notebook paper stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms on the journaling part.

I decided I'm going to make one two page layout for each month. I did that for the first year each kid was a baby. I'm going to do it with whatever random photos I have for the year. Then those 24 pages will make one scrapbook and I'll move on. I used to make probably ten pages a month. Then I got overwhelmed and just quit. Well, DRAMATIC slowdown. I mean if you go backwards in the book this is in within a few pages Stephen is in diapers too. Lame. So this one layout a month thing, it sounds do-able. Just need to print some January pictures and get it going.

I finished the quilt top for the swap I'm in. It's a secret swap, so my partner doesn't know they are my partner and I don't know who is sewing for me. I love this kind because I can show what I'm making to the group on Flickr and on my blog. I'll probably quilt this in a meander with pink thread.

Oh and for my cardmaking friends, look what I noticed:

The colors in my fabric (which is about two years old) PERFECTLY match three of this year's Stampin' UP! In Colors! I love it when I can see trends from textiles in my papers. (the brown is a good match to the brown on the mermaids, although I choose to use a much darker chocolate chip brown in my quilt which makes the Soft Suede look like it doesn't match.) Linzy commented that she would consider making a card with the colors from the quilt sketch. I would say the colors in Stampin' Up cardstocks would be: Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip, and maybe if you were wanting to be crazy that normal bright pink. I don't know my normal colors well enough to tell the name, the pink in Bold Brights.

In Other News: I have a crazy busy rest of the week. I might squeek one more blog post in later today (might show you my buttons in jars too because it's AWESOME) then I won't likely post till Monday. I'll miss you guys. I won't likely be crafting either so I'll miss that too.

Also: I think I'm going to join the gym. It's a weird thing, I really want to. I've been praying about it and I feel like I should. Also Roniece is going to join up with me. We plan to go in evenings, after my kids get to bed/husband gets home. The weird part, Brian really is bummers about it. He doesn't believe I'll go, that I won't do the working out. He's generally downers! Which, for those of you who know Brian, is so odd. He's a GREAT husband, my best friend and tremendously suportive of me. He's throwing off my game with this talk of me not doing it. He's all, "Prove me wrong" but I don't want to carry around a spirit of trying to prove him wrong. I want him to say, "I know you can do it" and then try to prove him RIGHT. So I'm still thinking I'm going to do it, only I guess I'll do it without Brian's support.

2 comments:

Cinda said...

Love the stuff!!

What gym are you guys thinking of joining? I have a membership at Bailey's over here on Merrill. Would be fun to see you there ;-)
Maybe that would make me go more too. Craig has been wanting me to cancel my membership. I said "No, I'm going to really get my money's worth - I'll start taking my showers there and use their hot water!" ;-)

Linzy said...

Super cute quilt! I think I must make a card in those colors TODAY! I had joined an in color swap when they first came out so I have all the colors, markers, and ribbon and I don't think I've made a single thing with them. Crushed curry is esp. difficult for me. I'll have to sub PTI Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate but it should still look the same. Thanks for the inspiration! Best wishes on your new venture working out!