Thursday, April 02, 2009

Why don't you help me out?

I'm in a miniquilt swap on Flickr. The theme is "Spring Flowers" I CANNOT buy fabric. NO WAY NO HOW. (Dog used up all my mad money.) So after digging in my stash I found two combos I think are worthy. Can you help me decide?

First up is this muted selection. The turquoise is not spot on... So I might leave it out? But it does add some drama, so maybe I'll put just a tidge in?
The other combo is much more bold.
Looking at the work my partner has done I think she likes muted colors more. So should I go with that? I have a few patterns in mind. The swap is really small quilts, so for me that means it has to be simple. Some folks can do complex things on a tiny scale, but not me.
I'm in another swap too, but that theme is "Anything Goes" and I am already allmost done with that one because I knew what I was going to do all along.

ETA: Nevermind, I had an idea and I'm going with it. So I've made my choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think the fabric will matter, because whatever you create will be beautiful.

But, for the record (and I know you've already chosen), but I really like the first choice. But, turquoise is my favorite color.

Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, i like the first choice, but I would remove the dark fabric... of course I am not a quilter, so I shouldn't even give advice here... :-) how about the color of the pink/red flower instead? if you have it of course... [love the turquoise!]