Tuesday, December 18, 2007

a package, a cat, and some dirt...

Today was a good day. It was Costco day. I love Costco. It was sorta poop though because I was out of all our big ticket things so it was $140 for some boring stuff.

Shortly after getting home though I got this package:
It's from my Bow Chicka Bow Wow Secret Sister. (you probably don't want to know.) I can't decide if I should open it now or wait until Christmas.

Then I made a card:

These stamps are by Pink Cat Studio. I have a complex with this particular cat where I always color her pink (I think because the name of the company is Pink Cat) So I forced myself to make her this retro shade of blue instead. The little paw prints were Stephen's idea, he instisted the card needed more stamping.

Also I had to repot a plant today. I'm not much of a gardner, so I thought I'd show this because it's pretty rare:


Real live gardening dirt under my fingers. Makes me feel like some sort of super gardner. Like I'm so at one with the earth it doesn't bother me to have it under my nails... totally not true, I'll be finding something to dig it out soon.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Cute card. I love the CP stamps. Great colors even tho it's not pink. :)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I love the cool cat card! So fun!

The dirt under your nails...well....don't love it so much but hey! Welcome to the world of gardeners! :)

~ Jennifer

Kathi said...

So did you open it? You should. Just because.

Anyways, great card.

That's one adorable cat. I have a thing for retro cat stamps. Actually, I have a thing for cat stamps. And penguin stamps. Um....

You're bad for my checkbook. hahaha

Jane said...

Love the cat card. I don't have any of their stamps but wouldn't mind if Santa left some under my tree! Love what you did with it.

Jane

Melissa said...

What a cute card Erin! I have the same problem of always colouring her pink :) I love the retro blue and the extra paw prints.