Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Just keep swimming

You know that movie Finding Nemo? Well first of all, it's terribly sad, I think most Disney movies are. But anyhow I feel like that Ellen fish who says, "Just keep swimming" Only I need to "Just keep stamping." So I did: These frist ones were inspired by this on SCS: Letterpress card set. I LOVE this set but mine is a little short. I think I know why though, their image is so much bolder even though it's a line image and they used it more AND they have more of their dark color. I'm not sure if I had used those elements but still used brown if I would have been ok. Anyhow these are just ok for me. I'll use them but they don't make me super happy.

This card however I'm totally happy with! I used this week's sketch over at Split Coast Stampers (link to the sketch). I love sketch challanges. This is also the first card I've used fabric on. The red checked stuff is fabric, can you tell? The little boy is a TAC stamp that I love and I colored him with prismacolor markers and also copic markers. (Which are similar) The "thank you" is from my Green Grass set that I told you about. It's perfect. I LOVE that set.

Hopefully I'm over the hump, we shall see!

ETA You CAN still get this boy stamp. His name is Kevin and he's R64 for $5.95. Of course you all know how TAC works, you have a min shipping charge (I think it's 4.20) and also tax. I would not count on him being in the new catalog. He's not in the current one, but didn't get retired either. It's very confusing I know. Anyhow if you must have him contact your TAC demo and I'm sure they will get you squared away.

6 comments:

flipflops4sherri said...

Love these cards. This Kevin stamp is so cute!! :)

Allison said...

I like your letterpress cards! Great job on the SC too!

Anonymous said...

Love the little boy! Is that stamp still available?
Cinda

Erin K said...

Cinda I'm checking on that... I'll get back to everyone! He sure is cute. You can borrow him if you need to. :)

jenn shurkus said...

loving all the creations :)

Heidi said...

I absolutely love your Deco Designs cards! Those would make great card packs for gifts! I'll might have to CASE these!