Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Super Retro.

Went thrifting today. Found this fabulously odd fabric. It was sewn into an appliance cover. I checked and it didn't fit my sewing machine. I couldn't stand to see this in my kitchen. It was sewn so the fruit was upside down too. :( Anyhow.

I cut it up and made a zip pouch. (with the oddly colored fruit right side up)

Here is the back, which really shows off the green cherries and green strawberries.
Here is the little tab thingie. I piped the edges of it. You can't really tell in the photo, but they are piped.
Inside. It features a thrift find metal zipper. The orange is a scrap of Ikea fabric.
I made this piping with some cord I got at the thrif shop.
Total cost for supplies $1.50. And I still have about a mile of cord.

Gotta love the thrift shop. :)

Wish this bag were yours? You can get it HERE.


4 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

MMMMMmmmmm! Gotta love those brown grapes!!

K Hutchinson said...

WOWZERS this is so funky fun! I love the piping! The colors are wonderful! What a great use of appliance cover.

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of my mom's kitchen curtains back in the day. I love it though!! Super cute!

Juanita said...

I just read the sweet comments you left on my SCS gallery, thanks. I am lurking around your blog right now, you are getting added to my favorites. You have so much creative stuff here!