Friday, September 19, 2008

Busy day, just one quilt

I have a super busy day today. We have church Craft Playgroup, here at my house in about 20 minutes. Then me and my boys need to go over to the church (poor planning on my part having everyone come here then me go there, should have had them go there) for our cleaning assignment. Also we are dropping off food for a Singles activity. They needed help with some food. It's good I'm bringing it as I keep eating a bit. Soon there won't be any left!

So with all that I don't know if I'll make anything today. I decided to share this quilt I made ages ago. Like 6 years ago... maybe more. Anyhow it is on my bed. It's the first quilt I ever made. Here is a close up.
And look at this funky binding. I am entirely self taught, well now I'm reading books and such but at this time I was, so I didn't know how to bind a quilt. So I did this, it's actually double fold binding, straight, not on the bias, and then I didn't know how to turn the corners, so I mitered them. Pretty bad huh? Oh well! haha.
I don't know if you can tell but I used the teensiest little stitch length too. Because I'm weird I guess. haha.

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

I think it is fun to look back at pieces we have made once we have grown. Since I am not a sewer this looks fine to me! Love the colors.